Monday, January 2, 2017

What I wish I'd known

Diabetes, sleep apnea, adrenal fatigue, asthma, food allergies, constant heartburn, reproductive issues, pain, cramping and all the emotions that follow along.  Putting my last 35 years under a microscope I see things now that led to my situation. I grew up on a fruit farm that liberally used pesticides, had undiagnosed sleep apnea since childhood, and a genetic predisposition to metobolic problems.  Lack of understanding in nutrition and a deep soulful love of pasta dug the hole deeper.  The ticking time bomb finally got loud enough I had to listen. 

So tomorrow it starts.  I refuse to call this a resolution because I'm way too commitment shy to be resolute about anything.  This is a game.  The obstacle is how much I love fatty, sugary, starchy, food. The first target is June, my first born is graduating highschool and I want to not hurt while sitting in that chair watching him receive his diploma.  The prize is my life and being allowed to keep it.

So tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow...effing tomorrow. The plan is to take this one week at a time and to not use that awful D word...DIET.  Of course diets don't work, it literally has the word die in it. Who needs that kind of forshadowing?!?! 




2 comments: